27 March, 2010

Just For You - Beignets - San Francisco, CA

Nothing better than showing up to work with a set of beignets from Just For You.  Fried dough + powdered sugar = Big San Frantastic.  Hello please!

My boss has been out for 3 weeks on paternity leave.  He showed up today with a big mason jar of coffee (snug in a custom cozy) to match my sack of beignets, cosmic!  Miraculously, the beignets were still warm after the BART ride to Oakland.  Light and fluffy as always.  Anything with powdered sugar dusted on top will give Mr. Bloughnut the chokes (apparently I like to breathe through my mouth when eating---bad habit) and these beignets were no exception.  Other than that I give them a 10.



Just For You has been a Dogpatch staple for nearly 20 years.  Arrive early unless you like waiting in line.  You late birds could visit our friends Brian and Noah at Piccino for a cup of Blue Bottle java while you wait (Gibraltar on the menu there!).


p.s. Here is my "thumbnail" picture of the world's tiniest oil painting, as seen in an AWESOME house in North Oakland.

No comments:

Post a Comment